Analytics

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ok, Universe, Maybe We Can Catch a Break Now?

I wouldn't exactly say that the last two weeks have gone well.  Since the car accident, it feels like it's been a non-stop onslaught of badness.  Let's see... dad hit some debris on the road and popped two of his tires, Scott's family's dachshund Bailey had to be put to sleep, I didn't get the job with TFA, my friend's wallet got stolen (while she was at work!  Yikes!), my other friends decided to break up, and Scott's car broke down.  (Which brings our current car count down to zero.)

I rented a car yesterday so we would be able to get around at least until the end of the week.  Scott's car got towed to the shop on Tuesday, but we haven't heard anything from them yet.  Scott is going to call today to see what's happening.  After I got home yesterday, I developed a low-grade migraine and spent the rest of the day laying on the couch with Ringo trying to nurse myself back to health.  I suppose in this situation, it's a good thing I'm unemployed.

In good news on the job front, I applied for an office coordinator position in the Humanities department at Stanford.  It's very similar to a student job I had in college that I enjoyed.  I applied for it on Friday, and on Monday I got an email from them asking for a phone interview.  I had the phone interview on Tuesday and I think it went pretty well.  I'll find out by the end of this week or the beginning of next if I get an in person interview.  I think the best part of this job is that it starts at 8 and ends at 5, with an hour for lunch.  You'll notice that it specifically does not involve working on evenings, weekends, or at home.  I need a job where work stays at work so I can enjoy my personal life.

So anyway, let's all keep our fingers crossed about that.  And, universe?  Maybe it's time to give the Williamses a break.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, seems like there's a rash of breakups going around... A coworker of mine just broke up with his girlfriend, and another friend is considering it. :-/

    Hope things start turning around for you!

    ReplyDelete